The course provides an introduction to business and management with particular emphasis on their international dimension. The course also will:
- give you a research-based grounding in the context of international business including globalising trends, formal and informal institutions, the political, economic, social, technological and legal issues and the resultant diversity of international business
- prepare you to be able to discuss cultural, ethical and social issues for international business and suggest policies of corporate social responsibility
- provide an introduction to and develop your ability to assess international trade and investment, multilateral organisations and regional integration and the global financial system
- prepare you to be able to discuss how firms develop international business, marketing and R&D strategies, enter markets and alliances, and operate and manage on the global stage
- give insight through frameworks, studies and examples of how businesses manage organisational structure and architecture, sourcing and the supply chain, information systems and human resources, in different parts of the globe, globally, regionally and domestically
- give you insight into the contexts of international business and enable you to work within these contexts to make judgements on strategizing and managing operations in the global economy.
You can find the course materials (presentations, activities and other course materials) and resources (required and extended reading lists) by clicking here.
|Perspective on Globalisation and International Business (Live Session)||00:50:00|
|Political & Legal Environments||00:00:00|
|Informal Institutions: Cultural Social & Ethical Challenges (Live Session)||00:50:00|
|International Trade & Investment (Live Session)||00:50:00|
|Multilateral Organisations & Regional Integration||00:00:00|
|Exchange Rates & the International Monetary System||00:00:00|
|Strategy & the Enterprise in International Contexts (Live Session)||00:50:00|
|Competitive Strategy for International Business (Live Session)||00:50:00|
|Entry Strategies, Alliances & Evolution (Live Session)||00:50:00|
|International Marketing and R & D Strategy (Live Session)||00:50:00|
|The organisation of International Business (Live Session)||00:50:00|
|Mock Exam 1||00:50:00|
|Mock Exam 2||00:50:00|
|Mock Exam 3||00:50:00|
|Mock Exam 4||00:50:00|
No Reviews found for this course.