I hope this email finds you well.
We are ready to onboard our first teachers to the Instatute platform!
We are a bit early, but it is our belief that with all the chaos currently taking place, the best thing we can do here at Instatute is to offer a safe, affordable, way for students and teachers to get on with their work and try to limit the permanent impact this tragic situation might have.
We owe it to our students to safely prepare them for their exams!
Our solution is to open our platform to you to use and help you build a set of exam revision classes, activities, exercises, mock examinations, etc… Whatever you think is best to prepare students for their upcoming exams.
With that in mind, we would like you to commit to a 4-6 week revision course for any/all of the courses you teach either in the EMFSS, Royal Holloway, or LLB/LLM programme portfolios.
We would like you to begin your revision courses two weeks from today on April 1st. While you are free to design them however you see fit we suggest the following guidelines:
- Hold recorded live instructional sessions to review the coursework 1-2 times per week to give vital tips for exam preparation and success, and allow time for open discussion. These events will take place on YouTube Live, and we will help you figure out how to use the platform effectively.
- In addition to open discussion, give students mock examinations. Give them instructions on how to mimic exam conditions at home and a time when they need to be submitted.
- Give feedback in a timely manner regarding those mock examinations, perhaps use model answers (Good, Okay, Poor) in live classroom events or as examples on the LMS to highlight what answers should and should not look like.
- If you have any PowerPoint presentations, exercises, activities, etc… you already use for exam preparation add them to your course so your students can access them as well.
- We suggest you charge between $199-$499 for the service. You keep 70% of whatever students pay. We are aiming for 200+ students to sign up for each course.
This will ensure students have at least 1 month to work with you to prepare for exams in May/June assuming there will not be any delays in the examination schedule.
You now have a great opportunity to make a good income in a safe and responsible way while also potentially helping hundreds of students prepare for their exams.
We will work with you every step of the way, our only request is that you make a commitment to work with us and see this through.
Our team is ready to work with you to develop professional quality course material that will include:
- Video editing and content development support
- Support transferring current course materials, activities, exercises, exams, etc… onto our platform
- Support with any questions or concerns regarding profile development
- Full continued support after courses are published on the platform
- Full support scheduling, preparing and delivering live events (classes) during the duration of your course.
What we need from you:
- Send over your syllabus and course outline with a timetable for the 4-6 week revision. *Please check the official exam date for the course to make sure your timetable lines up.
- Focus first on the ‘Live recorded classroom events’. Create a ‘lesson plan’ for each event that we can share with students.
- Send over all accompanying activities, exercises and exams indicating when and where in the course timeline these should be placed.
- Send over any other materials, content, etc… you think is relevant to your courses.
- If there is time remaining, send over or create a quick introductory video for each of the courses you teach with any accompanying materials or resources you would like us to add to the introductory video during the editing process.
- If there is time remaining, send over or create 10-20 minute instructional videos for the exam revision, as well as any additional topics you want to lecture about, along with any materials or resources you would like us to add to the video during the editing process (given the depth and duration of your courses you may wish to do this in chunks. There is no need to send us all the videos at once).
This is our chance to potentially help tens of thousands of students get ready for their exams while there is still time!
See you on the platform! Looking forward to your success!
Thomas M. Weeks-Barnitt
Founder and CEO; Instatute